Get the latest episode delivered straight to your inbox…
Hey, Thyroid Nation (Thrivers, Warriors and Survivors),
In Episode #24, we talk with special guest, Dr. Doni Wilson of www.doctordoni.com and author of The Stress Remedy: Master Your Body’s Synergy and Optimize Your Health.
- What is leaky gut (aka intestinal permeability)?
- Symptoms associated with leaky gut
- How to tell if you have leaky gut or digestive issues
- Link between stress, adrenals, leaky gut, and the thyroid
- There are at least 200 symptoms associated with leaky gut (e.g. fatigue, thyroid issues, skin rashes) (05:50)
- Leaky gut is not black and white (6:30)
- Intestine susceptible to stress (8:30)
- Low stomach acid can lead to intestinal permeability (12:00)
- No simple solution (23:00)
- Link between the gut and the thyroid (33:34)
- Link between diabetes and leaky gut (43:00)
- Enzymes and supplements (54:00)
- Bitters, apple cider vinegar, lemon and water (1h02)
- Glutamine (1h06)
- Sulfur sensitivities (1h12)
PLEASE JOIN US!! Be sure to check out our Radio Show Facebook Group, Hashi’s & Graves. We share information and offer support to those that need it. Each week the upcoming guests are announced and showcased.
Listen LIVE every Wednesday at 12 pm EST & Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
We’d LOVE a review. Check us out on iTunes and let us know what you think!
Please join Danna and Tiffany to lightheartedly, yet thoroughly, discuss thyroid disease with some of the most advanced and innovative physicians, educators, bloggers, thyroid thrivers and advocates available. Our mission is to ensure that no one ever goes undiagnosed and/or undertreated and that all are aware of the intricacies that involve living life to the fullest with thyroid disease. United and informed, we will change the awareness, perception, diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease. United, we heal.