Sarah Wilson, Guest
This much I know: I quit sugar because I had a raging autoimmune disease.
This much I’ve just learned: Tens of thousands of others with autoimmune disease are now doing the same thing. And getting results. In fact, according to our latest survey of I Quit Sugar 8-Week Program participants…
For folk with autoimmune disease, half experience “significant” changes to their condition from quitting sugar.
Some have reversed their PCOS (in fact, I get dozens of emails from autoimmune sufferers who’ve been able to fall pregnant after doing the Program). Many have come off their autoimmune medication. Others have simply – but soooo importantly – improved their quality of life. Just by quitting sugar in a kind, gentle, responsible way.
Now I feel rested when I wake and no longer look like a puffer fish. My anxiety has calmed right down and my cholesterol levels have improved. ~ Lilian, PCOS autoimmune sufferer
You can read Lilian’s full testimony, here.
Am I surprised?
Not too much. Four years ago when I first quit sugar I was beyond myself with frustration that the medical community couldn’t help me. They gave me a pill and sent me away…and I only seemed to get worse and worse.
Eventually I worked out the solution: I had to heal myself. And I had to do it with food. This was a liberating realization. Finally I could get some traction.
Yep, slowly. Over the years I’ve reduced my antibodies from officially off-the-richter to completely within the healthy/normal range. I’ve gone from only being able to function (work and walk) 2-3 days a week, to having a bad day about once a fortnight. I can’t tell you how happy this makes me. My biggest life achievement. Seriously.
I am now able to fully manage my health…something that freaks my doctors out!
- I now have zero thyroid antibodies.
- I’m on half of the minimum dosage of thyroxin (from being on the highest possible dosage five years ago).
- My hormone levels have fallen back into the right range (more on this soon!).
- The recipes feature 7-9 servings of vegetables a day.
- While I don’t make a song and dance of it, the meal plans are 100% gluten-free (or gluten-free adjustable).
- The entire program minimizes toxins and inflammatory agents.
- Gut health is a big focus – fermented foods and gut-healing principles are key.
I reversed my pre-diabetes and came off my thyroid medication. ~Jackie, Hashimoto’s sufferer
You can read Jackie’s full testimony here.
- The meal plans exceed the Dietary Guidelines by up to 600% for all micro and macro nutrients.
- Finally, they also fit to the Perfect Human Diet guidelines, often referred to by autoimmune practitioners as the ideal approach for those of us with compromised health.
About the Author
Sarah Wilson is Graves’ disease survivor and thriver. She is also a NYT best-selling author of many books, including I Quit Sugar. She’s a blogger and wellness coach whose journalism career has spanned 20 years, across television, radio, magazines, newspapers and online. She’s the former editor of Cosmopolitan magazine and was the host of the first series of MasterChef Australia, the highest rating show in Australian TV history. She appears regularly as a commentator on a range of programs including Channel 7′s Sunday Night, The Morning Show, Sunrise andWeekend Sunrise, Ten Network’s Good News Week and The Project, Nine’s 60 Minutes and A Current Affair. Follow Sarah on her Facebook page, here. If you’re keen to quit sugar, sign up for the 8-Week Program today.
PLEASE ‘Like’ Thyroid Nation on Facebook and Follow us on Thyroid Nation RADIO, Twitter and Periscope.
Questions or anything to ask Sarah about the effects sugar can have on your autoimmune issues? We want your thoughts in the comments section–Please!