Get the latest episode delivered straight to your inbox…
Hey, Thyroid Thrivers, Warriors and Survivors!
In Episode #88, we once again talk with special guest, Dr. Jolene Brighten, best-selling author of Healing Your Body Naturally After Childbirth and founder of www.DrBrighten.com. She returns to chat about the effects of birth control on thyroid health.
We discuss (in this order):
- Problem: birth control prescribed to mask symptoms, instead of addressing underlying issue
- What are some of the ways the birth control pill can make thyroid disease worse?
- 4 big categories: Gut, Nutrient Depletion, Hormone Imbalance, Inflammation
- What can women do now if they are on the pill to support their thyroid?
- Pill alternatives e.g. IUD, fertility awareness method
- Depression and the pill
- Gender bias in medicine
- Side effects of coming off of the pill, e.g. post-birth control syndrome (mood swings, hot flashes)
- Importance of the microbiome when trying to get pregnant
- How high TSH can affect pregnancy
PLEASE JOIN US! Be sure to check out our Radio Show Facebook Group, Hashi’s & Graves. We share information and offer support to those in need. Each week the upcoming guests are announced and showcased.
Listen LIVE every Wednesday at 12 pm EST & Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
We’d LOVE to know what you think. Check us out on iTunes and leave us a review!
Please join Danna and Tiffany to lightheartedly, yet thoroughly, discuss thyroid disease with some of the most advanced and innovative physicians, educators, bloggers, thyroid thrivers and advocates available. Our mission is to ensure that no one ever goes undiagnosed and/or undertreated and that all are aware of the intricacies that involve living life to the fullest with thyroid disease. United and informed, we will change the awareness, perception, diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease. United, we heal.