Top 30 Doctor Referral and Resource Guide
1) Izabella Wentz’s International list of Recommended Clinicians & Health Coaches
2) ThyroidChange Doctor list (extensive and easy to read patient-referred,
including my Doctor)
*DOCTOR CRITERIA FOR ThyroidChange: MUST do both. Patients recommended doctors based on the following criteria:
–Willing to order full thyroid labs such as Free T3, Free T4, and Reverse T3 in addition to TSH and thyroid antibodies, and is responsive to patient symptom report.
–Willing to prescribe treatment options such as natural desiccated thyroid medication, T3-only medication (e.g. liothyronine, compounded T3), AND/OR combination methods such as T4-only medication (e.g levothyroxine) with T3-only medication.
3) Dr. Datis Kharrazian’s Thyroid Connections
4) Practitioners that Lecture for Dr. Kharrazian
5) Thyroid Doctors Locator Site
6) Mary Shomon’s Thyroid Top Doctors Directory (Please screen the list carefully using the criteria above. Not all doctors listed run full thyroid labs or provide treatment options.)
7) Functional Medicine Doctors (great list of Functional Medicine and Holistic Doctors) Thyroid-Friendly-Doctors
8) Primal Docs list of Global Physicians and Healthcare Practitioners
9) Stop the Thyroid Madness – How to Find a Good Doctor
11) Top Doctors who Prescribe Armour Thyroid
12) American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
13) The International College of Integrative Medicine, ICIM Doctor Member Search
14) Paleo Physicians Network Doctors List
15) American Osteopathic Association – Find a DO
16) List of Compounding Pharmacies by eCompoundingPharmacy.com (Find a great doctor by who prescribs NDT)
17) List of Compounding Pharmacies by CompoundingPharmacies.org
18) American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine Physician Locator
19) The American Association of Integrative Medicine, Find-a-Provider Directory
20) Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Directory
21) The American Holistic Medical Association, Find a Provider
22) American College for Advancement in Medicine, Physician+Link Directory
23) The Center for Mind-Body Medicine, Find a Practitioner
24) Women In Balance, Health Care Provider Locator
26) RateMDs.com Find a Doctor
27) Revive Primary Care Practitioner Directory
28) Warrior Butterflies Patient Recommended Specialists
29) The American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine ABIHM Certified Integrative Holistic Physicians
30) Michigan Thyroid Top Doc List
International Thyroid-Friendly Doctors
1) Thyroid UK’s list of Private Doctors and Practitioners
2) American Holistic Health Association, AHHA Practitioner Members (U.S., Brazil, Germany, Taiwan)
3) A4M provides a worldwide Anti-Aging Directory
4) The Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors Find a Naturopathic Doctor
5) The American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Physician Referral (U.S. and international)
6) NTH Europe Doctor List
7) Compounding Chemists, Australia
8) Hypotyreosföreningen Support Group, Sweden
9) Sköldkörtelforumet, Sweden, Facebook Group
10) von Patienten empfohlene Aerzte (Bens Liste), Germany
11) Thyroid Top Doctors – Belgique, Belgium
12) International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists Compounder Connect for compounding pharmacies in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and New Zealand.
Top QUESTIONS to ask your doctor:
- Do they consider Dietary, Nutritional and Lifestyle ?
- Are they looking for the cause and not just treating the condition?
- Do they do a full thyroid blood panel including Free T4, Free T3, TPO, Reverse T3, TgAb
- Do they do Hormone Testing (Cortisol, Estrogen, Testosterone, Progesterone, DHEA etc.)?
- Do they support all forms of treatment like Natural Dessicated Thyroid (NDT), Synthroid and Supplements?
- Do they take a ‘whole body’ medical approach?
- Do they test for vitamin and mineral deficiencies?
(The above resource list is a combination from several Thyroid Advocates, Izabella Wentz, PharmD, Michelle Bickford, Mary Shoman, Gena Lee Nolin, Dana Trentini and many more, all who have been a huge help and wonderful influence during this journey)
This site does not personally endorse any of the doctors listed in the above reference guide. You should do your own detective work when searching for a suitable healthcare provider that suits your specific and individualized needs. Use your best judgment when receiving the services of any healthcare practitioner. Make sure to inquire about their qualifications, ethics, business practices and malpractice cases.
Thyroid-Friendly Doctors and Contributors that are often seen on Thyroid Nation