Thyroid-Friendly Doctors Resource Guide
- Yourlabwork.com Best website to order your own thyroid tests.
- The Institute for Functional Medicine list of doctors.
- American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine Physician Locator
- ThyroidChange Doctor list (extensive and easy to read patient-referred)
- Dr. Datis Kharrazian’s Thyroid Connections
- Thyroid Doctors Locator Site
- Re-find Health list of Global Physicians and Healthcare Practitioners
- Stop the Thyroid Madness – How to Find a Good Doctor
- Thyroid Sexy FB comments
- Top Doctors who Prescribe Armour Thyroid
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- The International College of Integrative Medicine, ICIM Doctor Member Search
- Paleo Physicians Network Doctors List
- American Osteopathic Association – Find a DO
- List of Compounding Pharmacies by eCompoundingPharmacy.com (Find a great doctor by who prescribs NDT)
- List of Compounding Pharmacies by CompoundingPharmacies.org
- Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Directory
- American College for Advancement in Medicine, Physician+Link Directory
- American Thyroid Association (These are mostly Endocrinologists so please have your list of labs ready to share).
- Coalition for Better Thyroid Care List of Recommended Doctors
- RateMDs.com Find a Doctor
- Michigan Thyroid Top Doc List
International Thyroid-Friendly Doctors
- A4M provides a worldwide Anti-Aging Directory
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Physician Referral (U.S. and international)
- NTH Europe Doctor List
- Hypotyreosföreningen Support Group, Sweden
- von Patienten empfohlene Aerzte (Bens Liste), Germany
- Thyroid Top Doctors – Belgique, Belgium
- International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists Compounder Connect for compounding pharmacies in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and New Zealand.
Top 8 QUESTIONS to ask your doctor:
- Do they accept insurance?
- Do they prescribe and support all forms of treatment like NDT, (Natural Dessicated Thyroid), levothyroxine, compounded, LDN (Low dose Naltrexone) and supplements?
- Open to whichever medication works best for YOU.
- Consider dietary, nutritional and lifestyle?
- Do they do a full thyroid blood panel including Free T4, Free T3, TPO, Reverse T3, TgAb and don’t solely rely on the Yourlabwork test.
- Do they do hormone testing (Cortisol, estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, DHEA etc.)?
- Do they take a ‘whole body’ medical approach?
- Do they test for vitamin and mineral deficiencies?
- Are they looking for the root cause and not just treating the condition?
This site does not personally endorse any of the doctors listed in the above reference guide. You should do your own detective work when searching for a suitable healthcare provider that suits your specific and individualized needs. Use your best judgment when receiving the services of any healthcare practitioner. Make sure to inquire about their qualifications, ethics, business practices and malpractice cases.